Foreigners, who have entered ROC with visas for the purpose of pursuing studies, must apply for a Resident Visa from the Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs before their visa expiration date.
Resident Visa holders (or ones who obtained Resident Visa within ROC by visa change) are required to apply for an Alien Resident Certificate and Re-entry Permit at their local office of Ministry of Interior National Immigration Agency within 15 days after their arrival.
(1) Visa Application form
(2) Two 2” photos taken in the last six months. (stick onto the application form)
(3) Original passport with blank pages and validity for at least six months and one photocopy of it.
(4) Admission Notice of CCUT and one photocopy of it.
(5) Health Certificate for Residence Application and one photocopy of it.
(6) According to individual case, financial supporting documents, or proof of coming to Taiwan, guaranty letters from a related people in Taiwan, and other relevant documents are required.
二. 申請流程 Application Procedures
II. Application Procedures
The applicant shall prepare and submit the above-mentioned documents to the embassy or consulate of the Republic of China, the permanent residence, or the foreign embassy or consulate of the Republic of China.
III. Other Key Points
(1) Foreigners, who come to ROC with a Visa upon Arrival, with a Visa exemption, or with a Visa other than Student Status Visa can not apply for resident visa or ask for visa extension for the purpose of pursuing education. Non-degree students cannot apply for student status visa.
(2) Foreigners, who have entered the ROC with visas for the purpose of pursuing studies, must apply to change their visas into Resident Visa in the Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs before the visa expiration date.
(3) Resident Visa holders (or ones who obtained Resident Visa within ROC by visa change) are required to apply for the Alien Resident Certificate and Re-entry Permit at local service of Ministry of Interior National Immigration Agency on the next day upon arrival or within 15 days after your resident visa is issued. They may stay in the ROC as long as the Alien Resident Certificate remains valid.
(4) If Alien Resident Certificate holders need to leave and re-enter the ROC within the valid period of their ARC, they should apply for re-entry permits while applying for ARC.
IV. For more details, please contact the Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Address: 1F., No. 503, Sec. 2, Liming Rd., Nantun Dist., Taichung City 40873
Apply for passport, visa and proof document, the counter is available from 8:30 am to 17:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
(There is no lunch break at noon, and applying for a passport, the counter extends its service hours to 20:00 every Wednesday.)